Monday, May 10, 2010

What's in MickeyMets' Handbag?




Some of the blogs I enjoy visiting are written by people I have little, if anything, in common with. That's the beauty of the internet, in my opinion; it enables you to get a glimpse into the lives of people you probably never meet in real life. One of these blogs is jewish girl in wasp's clothing which is written by an adorable 25 year-old living in Manhattan. Our lives couldn't be more different (except that we both live in NYC) but I find her funny, honest and entertaining. She had written a post a while back detailing the contents of her handbag, and I drooled over not only the handbag (a Prada) but the clean organization of the contents.

I have been bragging repeatedly over the above bag that my sweetie gave me for my birthday (after I obsessed about it for months, he finally caved and bought it for me to shut me up, I think) and as I dug through it today to find something, I was suddenly appalled by the difference between JGIWC's bag and my own. My only excuse is that I have kids. Is that a good enough reason to have bits of chocolate, crumpled receipts, broken pens and hair clips littering the bottom? It'll have to be.


Among the items cluttering up this beautiful purse:


The (left) arm from the Iron Man 2 figure courtesy of Burger King's kiddie meal;

A crushed, sprinkle-covered chocolate pretzel (wrapped) that my daughter didn't want and I am saving for a chocolate emergency;

A ticket stub from last years' Mets vs Cardinals game at Citifield;

Bank deposit slip from February 2008;

An expired Claritin tablet (could've used that yesterday for allergies);

A note from son's occupational therapist recommending a workbook I've never been able to find;

Straws;

Empty lip balm;

Mickey Mouse wallet & makeup case (are you seeing a trend here?)

Name and address of a professional organization that I will contact and join... someday...soon! I swear!

A coupon for paper towels

Oh, and the other thing JGIWC and I have in common - Starbucks napkins!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment